This Notice explains how we obtain, use and disclose your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”).
At Huis Horison we are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently.
About the Company
Huis Horison, sentrum vir die versorging van intellektueel gestremde volwassenes/ Horizon House, centre for the care of adults with a primary intellectual disability located at 1 Patrys Rd, Onder-Papegaaiberg, Stellenbosch.
The information we collect
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your Contact Data by filling in forms or by
– corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
– sign up to receive marketing material, promotions, competitions;
– give us feedback or contact us;
– make use of our services, take part or volunteer in our events or buy our products;
– website usage information may be collected using “cookies” which allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information.
How we use your information
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed with you. We generally collect and process your personal information for various purposes, including:
– goods or services purposes – such as collecting orders or requests for and providing our goods or services;
– marketing purposes – such as pursuing lawful related marketing activities;
– legal purposes – such as handling claims, complying with regulations, or pursuing good governance.
– For audit and record keeping purposes;
Consent to collection
We will obtain your consent to collect personal information:
– in accordance with applicable law;
– when you provide us with any registration information or optional information.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose your personal information to our colleagues and service providers who are involved in the delivery of products, documentation, customer support and services to you on our behalf. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by the Protection of Personal Information Act.
We may also disclose your information:
Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes;
Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
We take the security of personal data | information very seriously and always do our best to comply with applicable data protection laws. We will implement and maintain appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the security and confidentiality of the personal data | information. We host a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. All personal data | information is securely stored in our customer database. We authorize access to personal data | information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. We implement disaster recovery procedures where appropriate.
Your Rights: Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply contact us at the numbers/addresses as provided on our website and specify what information you require. We will need a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
Please note that any such access request may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee.
Correction of your information
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will require a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before making changes to personal information we may hold about you. We would appreciate it if you would keep your personal information accurate.
Definition of personal information
According to the Act ‘‘personal information’’ means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person. Further to the POPI Act, COR Concepts also includes the following items as personal information:
– All addresses including residential, postal and email addresses.
– Change of name – for which we require copies of the marriage certificate or official change of name document issued by the state department.
How to contact us
If you have any queries about this notice; you need further information about our privacy practices; wish to withdraw consent; exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at the numbers/addresses listed on our website.