Come and take part in this fun Trail Run, on Saturday 6 November 2021
The race start and finish will be at the Huis Horison Somerkermis / Horizon House Summer Fête which is a fabulous outing for the whole family and takes place at Huis Horison in Onder Papegaaiberg, Stellenbosch. Come and join us at the end for breakfast, pancakes, coffee or a cold beer, and enjoy the goodies on offer.
**PRE-ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED. Late entries from 06:00 Saturday. Pay with Snapscan, Card or Cash**
For enquiries, please email Elzabi on firstname.lastname@example.org or 083 281 7802
- You must wear a face mask at registration and in the start block. You can remove the face mask after the start of the race.
- You must report for temperature screening and sanitizing at the main gate. If your temperature is too high, you will not be allowed to participate. You must complete visitors attendance register.
- After entering at the main gate, go to the registration table and collect your number. Please complete the questionnaire at registration.
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Unfortunately, NO DOGS allowed on the 5km and 10km trial run as the race takes place on a farm with its own dogs.
Entrance & Parking:
Please do not try and enter through the main gate, but use the back entrance to the centre (about 200m past the main gate). Follow the white signage indicating “Ingang/Entrance”. Parking is on the street – unfortunately no parking is available inside.
Entry and Registration:
At the outer gate your temperature will be taken, after which please come to the registration table close to the start/finish to announce yourself and where your temperature can be recorded.
Late entries, please do your payment at the registration table (cash or Snapscan – no card facilities).
Please note you will not be allowed on the grounds without a mask, so remember yours. Please wear your mask at the start line, it can be dropped once your on the go and have reached a safe distance from others. Please wear it at all times around the fairgrounds.
Please come early and grab a coffee ahead of the run.
We will have a prizegiving at 09:00 so please listen out for the announcement.
After the race, feel free to enjoy the festivities of the fête (Kermis) and visit the stalls. There will be an array of food, coffee, stalls and more. The are card and snapscan facilities as well.
Thank you for taking part! All your entry money will go directly to Horizon House, and to the benefit the intellectually disabled persons in our care. These are vulnerable persons who cannot live a normalised life, and we appreciate your support.
Street address: 1 Patrys Street, Onder-Papegaaiberg, Stellenbosch 7600
Map: Google map
Directions from Cape Town to Horizon House:
GPS: -33.935118, 18.829257
(The City Centre of Cape Town is ± 50 kilometres from Stellenbosch)
- Follow the N1 highway to the Paarl.
- Take Exit 39 at (Stellenbosch / Klipheuwel), and turn right onto the R304.
- Follow the road for 13.7km until you reach Stellenbosch.
- Turn right onto the R44.
- After 1.4km turn right onto the R310.
- Travel another 1.4km until you reach Distell on your left side.
- At this traffic light, turn right into Oude Libertas Street and follow the road for 950m.
- Turn left in Kokkewiet Street (the Playground is on the right side)
- Travel until you reach a T-junction.
- Turn right onto Patrys Street. Horizon House is on the left, 1 Patrys Street.